Sunday 12 January 2014

Book Review - Bite Club

Title: Bite Club
Author: Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires (book 10)
Publisher: Alison & Busby
Release Date: 2 May 2011
ISBN-13: 978-0749008093

Synopsis
  After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble.

There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...


My Review
This is technically a re-read for me, as has been the rest of the series so far. But seeing as I read this book nearly 3 years ago, it feels pretty fresh and almost like a new read.
I had a few days break from reading, just got too busy and I found myself missing the characters, like friends you haven't seen for a while, and when I picked it up again today I instantly fell back into the story and setting.
This book is different from the others for one big thing - it's not just told from Claire's point of view anymore, we now have a few chapters told from Shane's pov and I really liked it, gave the story a fresh feel and was good to get into his head a little bit.
Morganville has faced a lot of dangers up to this point but you can't relax yet, a whole new world of trouble is brewing, this time someone has set up an internet video ring, showing boxing matches between vampires and humans, but there is something more sinister behind it and when Shane gets involved, Claire has to figure out exactly what is happening before Shane and all of Morganville are brought down.
There is a lurking presence of an old character that although is on the outside and you don't really see him, you can certainly feel him there and it's spooky, really sets the atmosphere. There are some new characters too that will really set your spine on edge. 
 
This series is great, with some book series this long it starts to get boring and repetitive, but Rachel Caine has a real talent for keeping it fresh and interesting and I can't wait for more. Now 2/3 of the way through the series I am as hooked as ever and look forward to seeing where she takes us next.

My Rating
 
  

No comments: