Tuesday 12 February 2013

Book Review - Beautiful Chaos

Title: Beautiful Chaos
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Series: Caster Chronicles (book 3)
Publisher: Penguin / Razorbill
Release Date: 18 Oct 2011
ISBN-13: 978-0141335261

Synopsis
Cursed lovers Ethan and Lena have returned to their home town, which is now ravaged by swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms. What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.


My Review
I am really getting into this series now, I adored book 1 and rather enjoyed the second one and wasn't sure what to expect from this but I loved it. I found it full of suspense, action, excitement, love, hate everything. The characters have really grown and are having to deal with all sorts of different situations. Things start to get really crazy and I was turning the pages desperate for more. 
Life has been turned upside down in Gatlin, an unexplained heat wave in late November, swarms of insects eating everything, earthquakes, arguments, it all happens here, is it the end of the world or something just as bad. Once again Ethan and Lena are thrown in over their heads along with Amma, Link, Macon & the other usual suspects. Ridley throws up a storm and Sarafine causes chaos.
I loved the suspense in this book the most, you would just think that Ethan and Lena had found a way to make things right when something else would crop up and throw them back to the beginning. I think this book is a bit darker than the first one, there are more deaths, problems and revelations than the others and things are really starting to get exciting. 
I am now even more excited for the fourth book and I'm so happy it came in for me at the library today so I have it ready to dive straight into. 
This series is definitely very exciting and I can't wait for more. But I do recommend you start at the beginning with Beautiful Creatures. 

My Rating


No comments: