Saturday 2 February 2013

Book Promo - Escaped

-->
Book Blurb
A place exists like your hometown or like mine that can never be seen or visited unless it lets you. Cadiza, is set deep in the Iberian Plateau of Portugal, far away from any civilization and inhabited by residents that are unable and unwilling to leave. Unfortunately, Cadiza is still close enough to large cities to prompt temptation in the young, willful hearts of teenagers. Or at least one, Samantha Scott.
She is unlike a normal human as are all the residents there. They are Bruxas—witches. Powerful ones. With her talisman now granted, a golden wrist tattoo giving her the ability to cast and spell at will, Samantha decides it’s time to bust out of Cadiza to fight for a life of her own in the human world.
The only hiccup in her plan is that her Bruxa Skill can’t be defined. Some witches have speed, others have the ability to use cathartic magic to control emotions, Samantha has multiple skills which make her dangerous yet valuable to Cadiza and to The Elders. Escaping was never going to be easy but now being on the run from Jade, the Eldest is going to be downright dangerous.
Jade will play dirty, even tempting Samantha with her Match—a Bruxa’s one true love to lure her back into her clutches. This proves a confusing triangle completed by Malakai, Samantha's first love and a human intermingled in Cadiza's widespread web of lies. For Samantha Scott the human world proves to be full of deceit and lies leaving her wondering if any choice she makes will be a wise one.
With her two best friends in tow, how far is Samantha willing to go to keep her magic and establish a life of her own outside of the Bruxa commune? How far will she go to protect the lives of her friends? To fall in love with whom she chooses?  Most importantly, how far will she push the limits to find herself?
-->
ESCAPED: A Samantha Scott Novel (Genre: Paranormal Romance)
Rachel Robinson
Ebook ISBN: 9781615728589
Print ISBN: 9781615728596
Escaped Cover artist credit: Amanda Kelsey
Publisher: Eternal Press www.eternalpress.biz
Publisher distributer Information:
You can order any of our books, both print and ebook, through Lightning Source Distribution which includes the following:
US:
               Ingram
               Amazon.com
               Baker & Taylor
               Barnes & Noble
               NACSCORP
               Espresso Book Machine
UK:
Amazon.co.uk
Bertrams
Blackwell
Book Depository
Coutts
Gardners
Mallory International
Paperback Bookshop
Argosy Ireland
Eden Interactive Ltd.
Aphrohead
I.B.S - STL U.K
Libreria Ledi
Eleftheroudakis
  Rachel’s Bio
Rachel grew up in a small, quiet town full of loud talkers. Her words were always only loud on paper. She has been writing stories and creating characters for as long as she can remember. After living on the west coast for many years she recently moved to Virginia Beach, VA. Escaped is her debut novel set to be released by Eternal Press February 2013. You can contact her at the below websites.
E-mail: racheljeanrobinson@yahoo.com
Author webpage: http://racheljrobinson.com/
The book trailer for Escaped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsNyKfiOyxE
-->
Excerpt:
"You're lying. I don't know why." I knew him better than he thought. After years apart I still had it. He remained silent and stony. He looked at me in earnest with his blue eyes. In that moment I knew his silence was as close to the truth as I was going to get.

"Fine. If you can't tell me what all this is about." I nudged the closest stack of books with my boot and then returned my gaze to his.

"Are you with me or against me?" If he wouldn't answer me straight I needed the next best thinghis alliance. He took a step in my direction. My stomach filled with butterflies as he gently grabbed my hands and stared intently at me. As he interlaced our fingers, I felt the strong, safe warmth I'd never been able to forget. The buzzing throughout my body I'd come to know when I was close to Malakai began. He released my hands and brought his hands to my waist. His grip was strong and tight as he crushed our bodies together. He pressed his chiseled chest and stomach against my body. It left me wanting more.

"I'm as with you as I can be." He trailed his hand up the side of my waist, grazing my breast as he brought his fingers up to lightly touch my neck. I closed my eyes to relish his touch, a touch I'd been without for so long. I opened my eyes to find his gaze darkened and more out of control. This was another look I knew well.

My head kept screaming it wasn't a direct answer. It could be taken one way or the other. My heart cancelled all other lucid thoughts as Kai leaned down and kissed me so passionately that I forgot I even owned a brain.
-->
A Character Interview with Samantha Scott
Where did you grow up?  
The fiery pits of Hell. Well, not really. I grew up in a commune full of Bruxas—light witches. It was picturesque, if you’re into that sort of spell-induced-perfection type of thing. I remember thinking how perfect it was when a small cast started winter.  Now that I know what the human world is like there’s no turning back.
 Describe your childhood family. What’s your happiest childhood memory? 
Like all Bruxas, I don’t know who my biological parents are.  I bet gene pools merged somewhere, which is why all the other damn witches are so complacent and googly-eyed obedient. I was passed between families, never in one home long enough to form bonds.  My happiest memory was when I turned six. It was my birthday and the Elder family who I was living with baked me a cake. They wrote  ‘Happy Birthday Sam’ on it. I thought someone finally loved me enough to give me a nickname. Come to find out, ‘Samantha’ was just too long. The nickname stuck but the bad taste in my mouth will last a lifetime.
 What’s your most frightening childhood memory?  
The nightmares. Before I knew I had the ability to dream cast I was plagued with nightmares.  I dreamt of things as simple as my friend breaking their arm on the playground to horrible, bloody scenes that I couldn’t comprehend…that I still can’t comprehend. I would wake numb with fear.
 Would you say your childhood was happy? Why? Why not? 
 It was. I was happy in an ignorance-is-bliss way. Then I found myself. I always felt different growing up, but put on a brave face because that’s who I am.
 Did you have a group of friends or one special friend? 
There was a group, but my closest friends were always Madison and Daniel. We grew up together. We even ended up living together for a brief time. Now they’re matched, which is sort of creepy. Brother and sister then, life partners now. The Elders have some real special laws…let me tell you.
 What were your aspirations in high school? 
By high school I knew I wanted out--I was like a lightening bolt bottled in a jar. I saw the real, human world in my dream casts. I wanted to be a part of something tangible like that.  I realized then, that I was the only one who felt that way.  I aspired to get the hell out of Cadiza, the commune, as quickly as possible. I would take down anyone who stood in my way.
What’s your greatest talent? 
Hello? I’m an undefined Bruxa. I can control natural elements, cloak myself with invisibility and dream cast. Basically I’m chock full of talent. I’m also capable of ruining perfectly good situations quicker than you can say ‘are you serious?’
 If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?  
For a long time I wanted to be normal; if not a normal human than just a normal Bruxa with one skill and no strange abilities. Normal is for the followers, though.  I would like Daniel’s speed skill. The speedy jerk beats everyone at everything.
 Do you have any regrets? What are they?  
Always only one. Leaving him behind.
Do you say what’s on your mind? 
Does a bear shit in the woods

No comments: