Wednesday 25 November 2015

Book Review - Unspoken

Title: Unspoken
Author: C C HUnter
Series: Shadow Falls After Dark
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: 13 Nov. 2015
ISBN-13: 978-1250067098

Synopsis
Despite her superhuman strength and enhanced senses, Della Tsang's life as a vampire certainly hasn't been easy. Especially since she was reborn and bound to the mysterious, infuriating, and gorgeous Chase Tallman.
But if there's one thing that's always kept Della going, it's her dream of being an elite paranormal investigator. Her newest case is the opportunity she's been waiting for, but as Della tries to solve the twenty year old murder and clear her father's name. She uncovers secrets about the vampire council. And about Chase.
Feeling betrayed by all the secrets he's kept hidden from her, Della is determined to keep him as far away from her heart as she can. But she'll need his help to solve the case that will lead them into the darkest and ugliest vampire gangs in town and into the scariest reaches of her heart.
 


My Review
If you have followed my blog for a while you will know that I am a huge fan of CC Hunter and her amazing Shadow Falls world, I am a member of her 'Street Team' meaning I help her promote her books and get the word out. I would only do this for a series I seriously love and truly believe in so that tells you how good this series is. I am fortunate enough to recieve a goody pack from CC and her publishers and every time one arrives it totally makes my day, no my week even, and this time was no different. I got a Shadow Falls bag, notebook and ruler/band and of course a copy of Unspoken with a few other goodies (Thank you!!!) 
I couldn't wait to get stuck in, I am currently working full time and doing an English Degree from home in my 'Spare Time' meaning I am reading a lot of course material and writing a lot of essays and not getting much time to read for fun. So I had this book sitting on my side table for about 3 weeks before I got the chance to pick it up and resisting the urge to just dive straight in was truly difficult. 
So needless to say when I did finally allow myself to pick it up, not much else got done and I had finished it within a couple of days, and immediately I felt like I was missing my friends and I wanted to go straight back and read the whole series again.
This series follows Della, she has now been turned into a Super Vampire and she is learning to adapt to her new powers and more importantly her bond with Chase, but things do not ever run smoothly for Della so why should this be any different? Not only that but her father is facing a trial for the murder of his sister and Della must try to figure out who did it and see if she can bring them to justice before her dad gets taken down. But not knowing where to start or who to trust it's just one more thing to make complications. 
I love Della, she is a truly feisty, kick-butt young lady but as the series progresses you see more of her history and more of her softer side, she has her moments of break-downs like anyone and it's actually reassuring to see that she can experience these emotions and just makes her that much more likable. She's not afraid to say what she thinks and she has a very quick wit. I love that we still get to be i the Shadow Falls world and see our other favourites like Kylie, Miranda, Holiday and of course Burnett along with all the others of that world.
This book was very exciting, there were a number of twists and turns and unexpected events that would have you questioning everything you had thought you had figured out. But that is one thing that makes these books so awesome and so addictive - I literally struggled to put the book down and was even late back to work after my lunch break because I lost track of time between the pages (luckily i didn't get into trouble!)
CC has a real way with words that just make them leap off the page and make the characters so realistic, I honestly think of them as friends and want to go back and visit as soon as possible, even to see Burnett who may be a pain in the ass but is actually a really nice guy and you can see why he is in charge.
If you haven't read any of these books then you are truly missing out, but I suggest you go right back to the start and begin with the original 'Shadow Falls' series following Kylie first, in 'Born at Midnight'. You won't regret it I promise!!!

My Rating
     

No comments: