Wednesday 25 June 2014

Book Review - Picture Perfect

Title: Picture Perfect
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl (Book 3)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 5 Jun 2014
ISBN-13: 978-0007574568

Synopsis
Harriet Manners knows more facts that most. She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She knows that its official motto is "Ever Upward". She knows that 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.
But she knows nothing about modelling in the Big Apple, and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or how to "become a brand", as the models in New York put it. And, even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming from your boyfriend...
Does geek girl go too far this time?


My Review
I love the Geek Girl series and have been desperate to read this one since I finished book 2! Finally this one came out, but still I had to wait - I had to order a copy from the library and then wait for it to come into stock. To be honest it came through a lot quicker than I expected it to. 
Harriet is about to enter Senior Year at school, she's left modelling behind for now and has plans to make this year great - even if her best friend Nat is going to Fashion College instead. But then her parents drop a bombshell - they are moving to New York! Harriet must work out how to find friends, stay in touch with her gorgeous boyfriend and make this new place feel like home. But when Harriet is involved you know there will always be trouble, and when a blast from her past shows up - Wilbur, things will get more complicated than ever. Back in the world of fashion, Harriet is seeing a whole new side to her life - but is it really what she wants?
As soon as this book came into the library for me I abandoned all other reading and dived straight into this one and immediately I was laughing out loud as I was reading. I love Holly Smale's writing, it's so casual and witty it just makes me giggle and Harriet is completely hopeless but totally lovely with it and you can't help but like her, and even feel a little bit sorry for her. I can see a lot of myself in Harriet, geeky with no social graces - a bit awkward and liable to say the wrong thing. 
These books are very sweet and will having you just turning the pages from start to finish - I read this in one go, just a couple of hours I didn't want to put it down. If you haven't read the series yet I strongly suggest you do. They are charming and very enjoyable.

My Rating
     

No comments: