Tuesday 21 January 2014

Katie McGarry Character Interview!!!

If you have followed my blog for a while you may have figured out that I am a major Katie McGarry Fan. I read 'Pushing the Limits' and fell in love with her writing, then I received 'Dare You To' and got swept away all over again. Then I got 'Crash Into You' and I swear my heart skipped a beat!!!

Then I got an email asking if I would like to be part of a tour and I jumped at the chance, so today I have a real treat for you. I have been lucky enough to interview Echo and Noah, the two main characters from 'Pushing the Limits' and who feature throughout the other books too.

Hold onto your hats Mcgarry fans, this is going to be good!!!


Character interview with Noah & Echo:
Thanks for agreeing to talk to me today. It’s an honour to meet you Echo, and you too Noah.  I’m just going to dive straight in with the questions, is that OK?
Echo: Sounds great!
Noah: Just so we’re clear, I’m doing this for Echo.
1)     Echo, what was your first impression of Noah, be honest please?
Echo: Oh, I definitely thought he was a jerk.
Noah: Thanks.
Echo: You made fun of my name.
Noah: Consider it flirting.

2)     And Noah, what do you think of that answer? Anything you want to say back?
Noah: Echo likes to rewrite history and seems to forget the important stuff like how she handed my crap right back.
Echo: Did not.
Noah chuckles: As I said, history rewrite. She even forgets that she broke into school to get a file and I had to save her from getting busted.
Echo’s eyes widen: You broke in and I had to help you out.
Noah just laughs.

3)     So it wasn’t love at first sight then? When do you think you realised that you liked each other?
Echo: For me, it was when Noah used the phone in the main office to let me listen in on my father’s conversation with my therapist. The stuff they were discussing was heavy and Noah was just really strong and just there for me.

Noah: I knew I was completely a goner when I would have listened to Echo talk about math in the hallway of our school for hours. Being with her—it was the first time since my parents died that I had any sense of peace.

4)     Now Noah, you seem to be a rather intelligent person, I know you’ve had your own share of issues, but why misbehave at school so much; surely education is a way to better things?
Noah: I know that now, but at the time, I was doing what I had to do to survive and that meant living one day at a time, one minute at a time, one second at a time.

It’s not the best way to live. It’s possibly the worst, but, at the time, I didn’t know how to move forward.

5)     Echo, I know this is a tough subject and I don’t want to bring back bad memories, but what was it like for you when you first came back to school? And how did your ‘friends’ react?
Going back to school after the incident with my mom was awful. People would flat out stare as I walked by. They whispered and the worst was when people would laugh.

Lila was great and Grace would be great in private, but that made everything hurt more. All I wanted was to blend into paint, but I always felt like a flashing neon sign when I walked down the hallway.

6)     Did you ever consider running away, or moving to another school for a fresh start? I admire your courage through it all and for sticking it out.
No. At least I had Lila at my old school and if I entered a new school, I’d have no one. I figured people would probably react the same to my scars no matter where I went.

7)     It sounds like you’ve both had a hard time of it, do you think you can have a future together and put all that baggage behind you?
Noah: Hell yes.
Echo: Definitely.

8)     Do you think it’s important to have complete honesty in a relationship?
They both nod. Echo: We both are aware that we have trust issues and the only way we can function is to know that we’re telling each other the truth.

9)     Is there anything you would change about your lives? If you could go back and change anything? Considering your tough starts, I can see the appeal, but bear in mind you might not have met each other if your past had been different.
Echo: We talk about this a lot. Both of us have lost so much and it’s hard not to think about what we’d do differently to change the past. I still hurt over it and I know Noah does too, but thinking about would’ve or could’ve situations only drives us crazy. The past happened. We can’t change it, but regardless, I’m happy now.

Noah: Me too.

I wish you the best of luck and thank you once again for meeting me today.

Oh my goodness I love those two!!!
If you haven't read the books I highly recommend it. Out of the 170 books I read last year, these were definitely one of the best. Right at the top of the list!
Out now:
 

2 comments:

Ninja Girl said...

So far, I've only read Pushing the Limits--but Dare You To and Crash Into Me are waiting in my TBR pile :). Very cool interview, can't wait to read the other books!
Ninja Girl

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post! It was perfect!! I just finished reading Pushing the Limits over the weekend and my review for it will be up tomorrow! It was a very intense book and I look forward to getting the other two.