Saturday 28 December 2013

Book Review - Feast of Fools

Title: Feast of Fools
Author: Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires (book 4)
Publisher: Allison & Busby
Release Date: 5 Oct 2008
ISBN-13: 978-0749079796

Synopsis
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.

My Review
I friggin love this series!!! As I said in my earlier reviews - these are technically re-reads, but with a 4 year gap it's mostly fresh, but it's reminding me why I thought these books were so awesome. 
Things are definitely getting darker in Morganville, there is now danger from a whole new threat and this one doesn't seem like it's going to go away easily. It's got Amelie and Oliver on edge too, so you know it can't be good. Mr Bishop is in town and he's ready to turn everything upside down. Once again Claire is thrown in the middle of it with her housemates Eve, Shane and Michael. But this may be the most danger they have ever been in. Not to mention Eve's brother - psycho Jason is still around and causing just as much trouble. Myrnin is causing his own troubles too, he's getting crazier by the day, but you can't help but like him - he doesn't mean to be such a hassle but he does it so well. 
I started this in my lunch break today and managed to read 122 pages in just 60 minutes and when I got home from work I sat and finished it in one go. They are so easy to read because they capture your attention and keep you on edge and involved in the story. When I'm reading these books I feel like I am there beside Claire, standing in the Glass house, and it's awesome (but if course I know that I'm safe, even if i did jump a couple of times!)
Seriously this is a MUST READ series.

My Rating
    

No comments: