Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

You've probably seen this on some of the other blogs but I have to show my <3 for="" of="" p="" series="" this="" videos.="">
If you have ever heard me speak you will know that I dislike 'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen. I had to study it at school, reading it as a class text frustrated me and I swear my teacher was more interested in seeing Colin Firth in the film than actually studying the text which left me with a rather intense dislike of the whole thing.

So why am I watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries? Well, I saw a link on another blog and thought I recognized one of the actresses in the freeze frame. Not intending to watch more than five minutes I loaded it to see if I could work out who they were.

And that, as they say, was that. I was hooked. I found the actresses to be charming and totally charismatic, the modern twist on the story was awesome and I got totally into it.

If you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link to episode 1, I bet you won't be able to click away after just 1:


Currently there are 91 episodes!!!!! Which I have watched in 3 days. Right now it is 1:45 am, as I was just going to watch 'a couple' of episodes but ended up going through and finishing the last of the playlist.

There are also 'spin-off' videos told from Lydia's point of view which are another fantastic insight to the story. I watched them 'side-by-side', so I would alternate between videos to get the full picture of what was happening and it just made everything so much more real.

The whole cast is fantastic and portray such well known characters fantastically. And as the story progressed I kind of forgot that they weren't real people, I became a part of their story. I laughed and cried along with these videos and I can't wait for more. Please say there is going to be more!!!

It was interesting for me to watch not being a fan too, also reading the comments to see what ral fans said about it too. I think it gave me a slightly different edge to it as I didn't always know what was coming or 'supposed' to happen, but it didn't hinder me at all and I don't think it would if you were a fan of the original either. Simply put they did an amazing job and they should all be so proud.

And has my view on Pride & Prejudice changed? I know this is updated and adapted for modern day but it has made me want to go back and read the original, would be interesting to see exactly what was changed and also what was kept 'the same'. I never thought anything would get me to pick it up again but this has. So well done to the cast and crew just for that.

Anyway, that's about as much gushing as I can take, I am going to try and get a few hours sleep before I have to be up in the morning.

In the meantime why don't you check out the video - but be warned they are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! :D



No comments: