Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tag - you're it!

I've seen this around quite a bit but haven't been tagged :(
Anyway, Paper Dreams Blog left it as open, take part if you like, and she had good questions so I thought I would jump in.

Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Here are her questions & my answers:

 1. What is your favorite meme(ie. In My Mailbox, Waiting on Wednesday, etc.) to read or participate in?



I participate in 3 meme's, 'In My Mailbox', 'Follow Friday' and 'TGIF'. They are all awesome, I don't do IMM every week as I don't always have something to show, but I always enjoy looking at others. My favourite is probably Follow Friday as it's a great chance to 'meet' other bloggers and they always have great features and questions.

2. Do you judge books by their covers?



I want to say no, but I totally do. I will pick a book up from the shelves if it has a good cover and I've been known to believe the book will be Incredible because the cover is just 'Gorgeous!' (doesn't always work that way, so I do factor other things in). But to be honest I think everyone judges a book by the cover in some way, and anyone that says they don't. Well. I don't believe them :P

3. What is the most emotional book you have ever read?



Wow that's quite a hard question, depends what emotion. I take it you mean the weepy, heart-wrenching gut bursting emotion. I would probably have to say 'The Last Song' by Nicolas Sparks, I was crying my eyes out at this book. Could not stop - I mean full on noisy wails of tears, but it was so beautiful. Made my heart ache with love. Just incredible.

4. What were your favorite books/series when you were a kid?



Animal Ark series was a big hit when I was about 9. (My illusions were shattered just this week when I found out Lucy Daniels isn't a real person but a pseudonym for multiple authors, I am actually desperately disappointed.)
I also adored the 'Series of Unfortunate Events' by Lemony Snicket (I still love these actually and still have the entire set on my shelves.

5. What is your favorite genre & why?


I love Fantasy. I think because I like to read so I can escape and Fantasy books create a whole new world I can escape into. Something completely different where anything can happen, no limits.

6. What fictional guy/girl would you like to date & why?



I was never really into the whole dating fictional people, or movie stars, celebrities etc. But I must say I can sort of see the appeal a bit more. I would like to meet 'Sam' from the 'Wolves of Mercy Falls' series by Maggie Stiefvater. He is so sweet and caring and creative and cute.

7. What is your favorite blog to follow/visit?

I follow a lot of blogs and find more great ones everyday, but some of my must read blogs are:
- The Story Siren
- Down The Rabbit Hole
- Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress
- Parajunkee's View
- Girls Heart Books
- Annette's Book Spot

There are loads more but I can't list them all, Just know that if you think your name should be on there, then it should! I haven't missed you deliberately and I love you all.


8. Would you rather read standalone, trilogy, or series?





A bit of all of the above, but I will say I love a good series -as long as they don't go on for a ridiculous amount. In fact a lot of my favourite books are series. (Morganville Vampires, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson etc)

9. Who is your favorite author?



No way can I just pick one! That's just cruel. I will settle for a top 5


- Derek Landy
- J.K. Rowling
- Suzanne Collins
- Rachel Caine

- Maria V Snyder

10. What was one book that really surprised you (in a good or bad way)?

The Hunger Games- I never thought I would like it, the whole idea of it sounded positively barbaric and gruesome but once I had started I fell in love with it. I was swept up into the story, I laughed, I cried (boy, did I cry) and my heart connected with the characters. It's beautiful. Now one of my all time favourites, I'm totally obsessed with it. 

I'm not going to tag anyone either, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I will be totally honest here, I can't think of 11 people to tag and I'm too lazy to go through all the blogs I follow (don't judge me please, you know I love you all.)
Secondly I know not everyone likes these posts and being tagged can be an annoyance and I don't want to inflict that on anyone, so I'm saying if you want to do it, take my questions below and enjoy, link back to me in the post then then leave your link to your post in my comments below.


So here's my Questions:

 1) What are you reading right now?
2) Which book (if any) do you wish you could change the ending of?
3) If you could have dinner with 3 authors who would you pick and where would you go to eat?
4) Which book do you wish would be made into a film?
5) What is your favourite book/movie adaptation?
6) Do you buy or borrow?
7) Where do you do most of your reading?
8) Paperback, Hardback or e-book?
9) When choosing books what factors affect your choice? cover? author? publisher? reviews? etc.
10) Have you ever been to a midnight book launch? If so what book, if not, do you want to?

No comments: