Monday 28 November 2011

NaNoWriMonday (4)

Word Count: 33461/50000
Day: 28/30
Genre: Children's Fantasy

Like many other bloggers, I am participating in this year's National Novel Writing Month, this will be my second time taking part. 'The Bookish Type" is hosting a NaNo meme every Monday to keep up with people's progress.

I honestly can't believe how fast November has flown by, the end of the month is almost here and whereas I'm not as far behind as I was, I've still got a lot of catching up to do. I'm starting to regret those hours of procrastination, those nights of saying "I'm too tired, I'll do it in the morning." But on the up side over the last weekend I have written about 12,000 of those words. I seem to be on a roll and I hope it lasts me until it's over.
I have enjoyed it this year, but not as much as I did last year. It seemed to be a lot harder.
I know where I want my story to go but my characters have ideas of what they want and I keep finding myself going off on a tangent, but they must know what they are doing because these changes end up so much better than what I was going to do.
I've got a couple of hours until I have to go to bed so I'm hoping to do another thousand or more words if I can as soon as I've finished here. I've also got two days off which is perfect for any last catch ups. Although I have got some places I have to go I should have some good writing time.
I actually feel confident that I can finish this for the first time all month. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and my hopes up.


So how's it going with everyone else?


Keep writing!!!

No comments: