Saturday 27 August 2011

Quote Love (23)

Quote Love is a new meme hosted by 'Midnight Twilight'. It's kind of like Teaser Tuesday from Should Be Reading, but with this one you can choose any quote from any book, not just the one you're currently reading. The quote can be thought provoking, or funny, or just really powerful, it's all up to you which kind of quote you choose.


Here is what you have to do to participate:
1) Choose one of your favorite quotes.
2) Post the quote, and write what you like about it.
3) Make sure to put the title and author so if someone else likes the quote they can check out the book.
4) Post your link on Midnight Twilight's Post.

So here is my quote for the week:

"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."
Anne Frank (Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl)  

This quote spoke to me. I had my purse stolen on Wednesday and it had everything in it. I was so upset and shocked that someone could do that. I mean I know it happens, but it really hit me, why would someone do that to another human, what had I done to deserve that? But despite that I still believe that people are mostly good. I also believe in Karma and that this will come back to haunt whoever did it. I have had so much support and help from my friends and family to get everything sorted and it reminded me that there is good in this world and it will triumph. So hang on to those ideals and faith in humanity.


- a little moan there, but had to get it out my system. But besides - I can't complain or be miserable - it's my Birthday on Monday woooo!!!!
I'm thinking of holding a giveaway so check back Monday for that!. :D


Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your purse! I think that MOST people are good at heart, but there are some people out there that just don't care about anyone but themselves.

Happy early birthday!