Wednesday 31 August 2011

Book Review - The Princess Diaries To The NInes

Title: To The Nines
Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Princess Diaries (book 9)
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Release Date: 4 Jan 2008
ISBN-13: 978-0330434959

Synopsis
Mia has hit an all-time low. Lilly isn’t speaking to her. Someone is posting horrible things about her on ihatemiathermopolis.com. Grandmere is forcing her to give a speech to two thousand of the most powerful businesswomen in America. And oh yeah: Michael, the love of her life, has dumped her.
But despite what the press seems to think, Mia has more on her mind than recruiting a new Prince Charming. Like solving a 400-year-old mystery that could mean BIG changes for little Genovia. But is Mia really ready to throw away her tiara – especially if it means destroying a dynasty? 

My Review
Mia's life is crashing down around her, Michael has left to work in Japan, Lilly isn't talking to her and her grandmother is trying to give a speech at a bog charity event. School is getting harder and she is behind on nearly every class. Mia has well and truly hit rock bottom.
I really liked this book, Mia seems to be growing up, she still has the witty comments and silly humour but she is more grounded. Lilly isn't in it as much and I actually enjoyed it more. her controlling presence overwhelms the story a bit and Mia blossomed without her. I love that J.P is becoming more permanent, he is such a great character, I love Tina too. I actually found myself gripped to this one, laughing out loud and even crying a little bit. 
I could really feel Mia's heartache and thought it was well written. There seemed to be a firmer plot to this one and so flowed better.

My Rating
I would give this book 8/10, a great book about growing up and facing your first heart-break. with laughter and tears.    

No comments: