Sunday 31 July 2011

Book Review - A Simple's Life

Title: A Simple's Life
Author: Aleksandr Orlov
Publisher: Ebury Press
Release Date: 28 Oct 2010
ISBN-13: 978-0091940508

Synopsis
Aleksandr Orlov has in the last year become one of the most loved figures in British culture and his catchphrase - Simples! - can be heard from the playground to the office. This autobiography offers the same humour as his TV ads, giving us the full story of his ancestor's Journey of Courageousness from the Kalahari to Russia.






My Review
I love the TV adverts, Aleksandr is so cute and he always makes me smile, so I asked for this book for Christmas. I know, I know that was 8 months ago, but I've been distracted. My mum was moaning that she bought it for me and I haven't read it so I decided to do it. It literally took me about half an hour to read, it's full of pictures and random facts or statements. 
It explains the history of Aleksandrs ancestors, right down to his current TV success. IT starts back in the Kalahari Desert, where the Meerkats lived happily, until the land dried out and they ran out of food, they then has to journey across seas to new lands, but got lost and ended up in Russia. It then goes through the generations to where his father opened the first Compare the Meerkat shop. 
The book is written just like Aleksandr talks so you have to imagine his cute accent whilst reading. it's very interesting and funny.
I think it is meant to be a bit of a laugh and silly fun, and it really comes together as a delightful little book.

If your a fan then this book is a must. 

No comments: