Friday 27 May 2011

Book Blogger Hop: May 27th-30th & FF (19) & TGIF (2)

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is an awesome way to for book bloggers to interact and find each other. Such a wonderful idea! There's a new question every week that all the participating blogs have to answer.

This week's question comes from Britta who blogs at I Like These Books:

"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?"

 My answer: My all time favourite Movie Adaptation is 'The Little Princess' by Frances Hodgson Burnett, this was always one of my favourite films, and I think the details tehy changed for the film made more sense and was more moving than the original in the book.
My least favourite adaptation is probably 'Eragon' I adore the book, it's one of my favourites but the film was really disappointing they changed so much it lost it's magic.  

Follow Friday







Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question comes from Louise from Book Bliss

How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

My Answer: I can read on average a book every other day so it comes to 3 or 4 books a week. I read hard-copy's, I like to have the book in my hands. But if I have an ARC from NetGalley I will slip in the digital book as well.

 

TGIF!

This is a new meme hosted by GReads!

This Friday's Question:
 
Author Love: In 2011 which new/old authors have you discovered & loved?
 
Wow so many good authors this year:
1) Steve Feasey author of 'Changeling' series. read them for the first time and loved them.
 
2) Tara Hudson author of 'Hereafter'. Debut novel but soo good. Can't wait for more
 
3) Charlotte Blackwell author of 'Immortal Embrace'. This book is coming out later this year, Charlotte is a fellow blogger and I was honored to read her book. You'll love it.

4) Alyson Noel author of 'Immortals' series. fell in love with these books

5) Sarah Ockler author of 'Twenty Boy Summer'. Such a good book, I would read anything by this author now.

I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones that sprung to mind.

 Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Awww, The Little Princess always made me cry. Way too sad!

Ann said...

I hate it when a story is changed so much for the movie. I remember watching The Power of One and thinking they changed so much of that I refused to watch through to the end! The same with Slumdog Millionaire - I don't mind changes being made when they make sense but the book was so much better and from my "expert" view would have worked fine as it was on the big screen!

Anonymous said...

Just hopping by,good answers.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop_27.html

Lisa (Reading to the Moon) said...

I found your blog through follow friday, but I really like your list of new/old authors you've found. I'm always looking for new authors to read. It's easy to fall into the habit of only reading the same authors you already know you love. It's fun finding someone new.

barmybex said...

Little Princess does make me cry, but love the story. I can quote most of it. :D

I haven't seen 'Power of One' but agree that things shouldn't be changed unless have a proper point. Not just because it might look good. Sometimes it is necessary, but would prefer the story as we know it.

Is good to find new authors, I'm always on the lookout.
Hopping over to all your blogs now. :D

Frosy said...

Hopping by! I like you list of authors. I have only read one book of Alison Noel. It's always great to find new authors. New follower!
http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday8-book-blogger-hop8-tgif1.html

Angela's Anxious Life said...

Funny that I also mentioned Eragon and I keep seeing that movie on all the blogs! Terrible!!
new follower
Angie
XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

barmybex said...

Thanks for visiting.

Eragon does seem to be a common choice. was so disappointing.

Love finding new authors. :D