Tuesday 22 March 2011

Book Review - Shadowland

Title: Shadowland
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: The Immortals (Book 3)
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
ISBN-13: 978-0330520515

Synopsis
Ever and Damen have travelled through countless past lives – and fought off the world’s darkest enemies – in search of each other. But just when their destiny seems finally within reach, a powerful curse falls upon them. A single touch of their hands, a soft brush of their lips will mean death for Damen – cast into the darkness of the Shadowland. But as she seeks to break the curse, Ever meets Jude – a green-eyed, golden surfer boy who understands magick, and understands Ever better than she realises. And she begins to ask a terrifying question: even if you’re immortal, can true love really last forever? 


My Review
Shadowland is the third book in the Immortals series and I'm still loving it. Blue Moon was my favourite so far, and after reading this one still remains so, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy this book, because let me say Wow!
Damen and Ever thought they had overcome the worse and could finally be together, but things just keep getting worse, in order to save Damen from death Ever gave him a special antidote, but tricked by Roman, it took on a whole different affect, meaning the couple can no longer touch, one single brush of skin would mean death for Damen - and eternity in Shadowland, a place of darkness, emptiness, despair and hurt. What does Roman want in exchange for reversing the effects, and will Ever be able to give it to him.
Ever's life seems to be on a downward spiral, but she never gives up hope, and her love is true, even when she questions her own intentions and feelings, you know she acts with her heart and is true to what she believes. She makes mistakes like a normal human, sometimes collosal mistakes, but she refuses to give up which is what i love about her.
Damen is still Damen, only he annoyed me a little in this book, he's trying to atone for 600 years of bad behaviour and is sure that only my getting rid of his entire past will it make things better, but we all know, it doesn't work that way. He keeps pushing Ever away, and at points I felt like screaming at him and telling him what an idiot he was being.
The Twins Romy and Rayne feature a lot more in this book which I am pleased about, I love these two, they are totally creepy and  spoilt, but I can't help but like them.
This book is full of suspense, twists, turns and shocking revelations.
We meet a young man named Jude, but is he what we think, why does Ever feel butterflies whenever he's near, have they met before, and does he hold teh key to the secret of her past, or maybe her future. I loved Jude, but could never quite tell which side he is on, I'm still guessing, but he is great as a character.
The story line is fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat, every time I thought I knew where it was going to go, something else happened to turn me around. And the ending was a real 'Oh my goodness!!!" moment. Cannot wait for the next book. Alyson Noel has done it again, I bow down in wonder and awe. 


My Rating
I would give this book 9.8/10, so nearly perfect, but Damen annoyed me a little bit. :D

No comments: