Thursday 12 August 2010

Book Review - If You Could See Me Now




Synopsis
Elizabeth Egan is too busy for friends. As a reluctant mother to her sister Saoirse's young son Luke and with her own business to run, every precious moment is made to count. But with Saoirse crashing in and out of their lives, leaving both her sister and her son reeling, Luke and Elizabeth are desperately in need of some magic. Enter Ivan. Wild, spontaneous and always looking for adventure, in no time at all Ivan has changed Elizabeth in ways she could never have imagined. But is Ivan too good to be true? Has Elizabeth opened her heart only to risk it being broken again? As for Ivan, he thought he was there to help Luke not Elizabeth -- or himself! 

My Review
I have read most of Cecelia Ahern's books and this was one more on my list. Having read so many of her other books i was really looking forward to reading this book as I find her writing style brilliant and the stories are always so different and quirky. I am pleased to say that I was not disappointed in this book. It is told from the point of view of an imaginary friend named Ivan, but is he really imaginary or has most people lost their belief in magic, friendship and childhood dreams? I loved this whole idea for a story, it is so different from anything else I have come across and got me thinking about my beliefs and attitudes. I really felt for the characters and feel like I went on the journey of discovery with them. Sometimes you just have to lt go, have fun and laugh, embrace the inner child. I was completely gripped from start to finish and would definitely read it again. 

My Rating
I would give this book a 9/10

It is a truly remarkable book and i would recommend it to everyone. It really changes your perspective on life. So find a copy and settle down to an immensely enjoyable read. :D

No comments: